Let’s color the world!
We are GNT, an ambitious and innovative family-run business with a colorful character! With our EXBERRY® brand, we are the market leader in the field of Coloring Foods. Our colorings are 100% natural and are made from fruits, vegetables and plants.
We are world champions when it comes to utilizing the bounty of nature and strive to continuously innovate and improve natural color ingredients for the consumer. By carefully preserving all of nature’s beauty and goodness, we are able to offer our clients the highest quality and most reliable products. This is what continues to motivate us every day!
The most important ingredients for GNT’s success are our employees and the cooperation that exists between them. We believe in teamwork and we are there for one another, our clients, our suppliers and our partners. That is what makes us GNT.
Due to the growth of the GNT Group we are seeking a fulltime
PILOT PLANT TECHNOLOGIST
What do we expect of you?
As a Process Plant Technologist you are part of the department Process Optimization and Implementation (POI). Key responsibilities of POI are the delivery of equipment, the optimization of processes in terms of capacity, yield, efficiency and quality consistency and the implementation of processes in production. Both the optimization of processes and the development of new products is supported by pilot plant trials. The pilot plant facility is operated by POI. You work together with colleagues from Production, Product R&D, raw material suppliers and Quality. You report to the Pilot Plant Manager. The department and the pilot plant are based in Mierlo (NL) and delivers services for all GNT’s production facilities. As a Pilot Plant Technologist, you cover a broad range of responsibilities:
- You perform R&D for trouble shooting, process optimization and product development on laboratory and pilot scale.
- You define, prepare and execute test trials, analyze the obtained samples, evaluate the results and take care of documentation. You work both individually and in a team.
- You work includes activities like optimizing the settings of a specific unit operation; screening of membranes, enzymes, process aids or ingredients; investigating alternative process equipment or technologies; support with troubleshooting performance or quality issues in production; exploring the options for rework of off-spec batches; or complete processing from raw material to concentrate for sorts screening of raw materials, raw material troubleshooting or new raw materials.
- You support with the implementation of new or improved production processes in production lines.
- You think along in improving the pilot plant facility.
What can you offer us?
- You have an MBO+ education in food, bio-technology or chemistry, with preferably process technology as specialization.
- You bring 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- You work accurately and have outstanding technical and analytical skills
- You are result driven and have a strong sense of ownership.
- You are able to think pragmatically, solution-oriented and outside the box.
- You have a reliable, communicative and service oriented way of working.
- You have good command of Dutch and English. German is a plus.
What do we find important?
We operate globally, yet remain an independent, family-owned business committed to investing in products, technology and importantly, our people. The people who work for GNT are flexible, friendly, supportive and passionate individuals that work collaboratively to deliver service, expertise and ultimately grow sales and market share.
What do we offer you?
GNT wishes to retain the current harmonious working environment and therefore welcome team players with a positive outlook and promising future perspective. In return for all your hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive package of benefits (salaried position, bonus scheme, pension contributions. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and position and will be between € 38.750 to € 55.350,- a year. We also offer:
- A nice bonus scheme.
- 26 vacation days (possibility to purchase extra days).
- A very favourable pension scheme.
- A varied function in a modern working environment.
- Unlimited access to online training courses, so you can continue to work on your personal development.
- Sustainability is very important to us. That is why we – as part of our terms of employment – compensate for the carbon footprint of all our employees.
- Affordable sports at a selected gym.
- A wonderful workplace at a successful and innovative company: GNT is in movement and you will be too.
We color the world, do you?
If you believe you satisfy our desired profile and would be interested in applying for this position, please contact us in writing including your CV, as well as your cover letter, salary expectations and earliest possible start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course we handle your personal data with care. All applications will be treated equally.