Dry mixes offer portable beverage solutions and are perfect when ingredient interactions or stability are key considerations for the color. Instant drinks require color solutions that quickly solubilize to deliver fantastic looking drinks.
- Micronized powder EXBERRY® products are ideally suited to instant formulations and will deliver a homogeneous color to the powder blend
- Standard powdered EXBERRY® products deliver color into the finished ready to drink product in a cost-effective way in situations where the color of the instant mix itself is not key
- Use a starting color dosage level between 0.02% w/w – 0.25% w/w in the finished reconstituted beverage
- For optimal appearance, reconstituted beverage pH should be <3.5 for red, purple, and pink shades
- Micronized powders help ensure uniformity and enhance visual appearance of the powder blend
- Where particle size varies in the dry mix, appropriate blending is important to ensure the powdered color is evenly distributed
- Colors must be stored as recommended at ambient temperature and controlled relative humidity. Avoid any potential contact with moisture.
- Excellent stability when stored in a cool, dry place
- With appropriate mixing, the blend remains homogeneous over time