Cereal Bars & Snacks
Formed cereal bars can incorporate color in many ways, from the binding syrup to inclusions or coatings. The pH can be a key consideration when trying to achieve vibrant reds and bright purples.
- Starting dosage range is 0.1% – 0.3% w/w for coloring the binding syrup. For spray coating/tumbling, we would recommend a starting dosage of 4% w/w in the coating solution
- The pH should be <3.5 to achieve the brightest red and purple hues
- When using fruit pieces and purées, higher dosages may be required to mitigate the color changes over shelf life.
- Note the order of ingredient addition and add colors during the final stage of batching
- Overall stability in color retention is good for 6 months.