For bakery products, desserts and cereals / bars
For bakery products, desserts and cereals / bars, fat coatings are frequently used in place of chocolate. For these coatings, it is possible to achieve diverse full spectrum of shades using Coloring Foods.
- EXBERRY® OD or MN line is recommended for this application
- Starting color dosage range is 0.2 – 0.3% w/w for MN powders and 0.3 – 3% w/w for OD.
- Consider the base color of the compound. To overcome yellow tones, higher dosages may be required.
- Colors can be added directly to melted compound. For MN, sufficient mixing is required to disperse the color throughout the compound. OD colors are already pre-dispersed in oil, therefore, color incorporation will be easier.
- Colors must be stored according to recommendations at ambient temperature and controlled relative humidity. Avoid any potential contact with moisture.
- Red OD and Red MN may shift to slightly more purple hues over time in compound coatings containing dairy ingredients.
- Overall stability in color retention is very good.