February 2021, version 1.3
This statement relates to GNT International B.V. and related companies including GNT UK Limited, hereafter referred to as ‘’GNT’’. This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that GNT has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
GNT has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery or any form of behaviour that would support modern slavery. We are committed to adhering to high ethical standards and acting with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
GNT is the leading producer of Colouring Foods, offering its products to global, regional and local flavour, food and beverage customers.
The Company is vertically integrated and controls the supply chain for raw materials such as fruits, vegetables and edible plants, following the “from field to fork” principle. GNT UK Limited provides service to customers including sales support, application support and regulatory guidance.
GNT offers Colouring Foods for products in confectionery, baked goods, sugar confectionery, chocolates, and chewing gums; beverages, such as soft drinks, fruit juices, and instant beverages; dairy products, including ice creams and yoghurts, desserts, and yellow fats; and savoury products comprising ready-made meals, snacks, soups and sauces.
GNT is global operating in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
GNT complies, in all business activities, with external laws and regulations as well as with our own, internal policies, practices and procedures. We facilitate a culture where we can freely discuss and report ethical and legal issues.
Within the GNT organisation, the GNT Code of Conduct is a governing charter for ethical behaviour including:
- Responsible Sourcing. Outlining the health and safety, social, environment and business integrity principles we require all our suppliers and service providers to acknowledge.
- Legal and Ethical Dealings. We believe in compliance with all laws and policies that apply to our business in the countries in which we operate. We are committed to and adhere to the highest ethical standards in all business dealings.
- Responsible Corporate Citizenship. We are committed to respect for human rights wherever we do business and in all communities in which we are present. We believe in fair employment standards and do not tolerate or practice any form of child exploitation or forced labour or engage with suppliers who do not adhere to a strict anti-slavery policy.
- Disclosure and Transparency.We encourage all our employees, contractors and workers to come forward with any concerns regarding how colleagues are being treated, practices within our business or supply chain or any violations against any policy operated by us without fear of retaliation or reprisal.
- Anti-Bribery, Gifts, Entertainment and Hospitality Behaviour. Finally GNT’s Code of Conduct includes our ethical behaviour standards and the principal anti-corruption rules that apply to our business.
GNT participates in the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange („SEDEX”) whose goal is to drive improvements in ethical and responsible business practices. A core principle of SEDEX is to avoid unfair or unsafe labour practices including slavery and human trafficking. As GNT uses many different fruits, vegetables and plants from various countries in EXBERRY® products, we assess and audit our raw material suppliers, on our behalf and on behalf of our customers, on their sustainability performance using the SEDEX principles. All supplier audits are announced and conducted either by GNT’s Quality Department or third parties relying on the SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit which is a compilation of best practices.
We are in a continuous improvement process of making all our suppliers aware of our ethical sourcing demands and our principles of responsible conduct. They are also provided with a vendor documentation specifically stating GNT holds itself to high social and ethical standards and expects its vendors and suppliers to meet the same standards. We require a direct confirmation from our suppliers attesting to their compliance with our ethical and business standards and their local laws.
We regularly conduct internal training on GNT Code of Conduct which includes the above-mentioned principles and charters so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our business or supply chain.
The effectiveness of the steps we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain is monitored by:
- Review of reports received from employees
- Controlling the transparency on traceability for the materials we use in our EXBERRY® products
- Our employees and main suppliers regularly review GNT’s Code of Conduct for all employees, including the understanding of the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our business or supply chain.
- Regular SEDEX Members Ethical Trade (SMETA) at GNT International B.V. conducted by third parties
Approval for this statement
This statement was approved on February 2nd, 2021.
Dr. Hendrik Hoeck
CEO GNT Group B.V.
Skontaktuj się z nami
Jeżeli masz pytania o EXBERRY® lub naszą pomoc techniczną, bądź też chcesz zamówić próbkę, skontaktuj się z nami.