This statement was last updated on 1 October 2022.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data GNT processes, how GNT processes it and for what purposes. . Please read the specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This Privacy Statement includes information about the processing of your personal date on the website https://www.exberry.com (“Site’).
GNT is a global company having affiliates in all parts of the world. This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of the entire GNT group of companies. Where we mention “GNT”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Statement we are referring to the relevant company in the GNT group responsible for processing your data.
GNT continuously works to improve the Site according to our users’ needs and interests, and for that purpose we collect and use information from you on a limited scale. The following is the legal way to express that you are most welcome to visit our website and interact with us online, what rules apply to your visit and our communication and how we respect your rights.
- What personal data do we use?
- What cookies do we use?
- Do we share your data with others?
- What security measures do we used to protect your personal data?
- How long do we save your data?
- What rights do you have?
- How can you contact us?
1. Personal data and purposes
Personal data is any information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person. Such information could, for example, include a name, email address or the IP address of your computer. We only process your personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable data protection law.
We process your data for the purposes set out below. In most cases we will use your personal data:
- to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, and
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
As and when we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract, we have with you to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you, including those to provide you with goods or services. Should you fail to provide such personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract in full or we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. If so, we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
In general, all the information we obtain from you on our Site will only be used for the purpose as described below and – where applicable – requested by you. You can always edit or delete your data by contacting us as described below in section 8. We do collect certain personal data through cookies, please find more information under paragraph 2
- Filling in the contact form, sending us an email, calling us, or contacting us otherwise is voluntary. In order to answer your questions we use the personal data you provide us via our contact form on the Site or via email, such as your email address and name. This processing is necessary to respond to your request (execution of the agreement with you).
- To provide and improve customer service. The personal data you provide to us (your name, address, telephone number and email address) help us respond to your customer service requests and your support needs more efficiently. This processing is necessary to respond to your request (execution of the agreement with you).
- To run a promotion, competition, survey or other Site feature. The personal data you provide to us (your name, address, telephone number and email address) helps us further to send you the information about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic newsletters via email. Via the Site (or at one of our expos, trade shows and events) you can subscribe to our periodic newsletter. Therefor we process your name, email address and topics/ products you are interested in. We may process this personal data based on consent as set out in article 6(a) GDPR. Via a link in the newsletter, you can always unsubscribe from receiving any newsletter.
You can see the full list of used cookies in the Cookie Declaration in the bottom of this document.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site or if they are strictly analytical (for the Netherlands). For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies we place ourselves, and some are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
If you have any question regarding cookies, you can contact us via the contact details below. Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding cookies or your consent.
3. Social media buttons
We use social media buttons on our website that redirect you to the relevant social media platforms. This gives you the option to follow us and share content. You will also see advertisements on your social media page. The buttons operate through bits of code provided by the social media platforms. If you want to know what these platforms do with your personal data, please read the relevant privacy statement of Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
These social media companies are established in the United States and adhere to the Standard Contractual Clauses.
4. Sharing your personal data
We may share your data with GNT group entities located in- and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as GNT US, Inc. for the purpose of developing and executing our marketing activities as set out above. We have a legitimate interest to share this data within our group entities based on article 6(f) GDPR, namely a commercial interest. If you have any objection to this, please let us know via the contact details below.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal identification information to others. We may share your data with third parties, in case we have a legal basis to do so. We may share your personal data with parties that provide database-, server-, maintenance-, security-, or other similar services to us (hereinafter referred to as ‘data processors’). If we provide access to your data, we require the third parties to keep your data confidential and instruct these parties to process this data only on behalf of us.
Finally, we may also disclose your data if we believe that the disclosure is required by law or is in response to a legal request.
We implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other forms of unlawful processing. Also, we require our data processors to implement such appropriate technical and organizational measures.
6. Retention periods
Your data will be stored no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is collected unless otherwise required by law. For the purposes of 1 under C and D, we store your personal data for a retention period of two years after your last visit to our Site. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new products and services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s).
7. Your rights
You may contact us by using the contact details at the bottom of this privacy statement, if you wish:
- to know whether we process your personal data;
- rectify your data;
- object to the processing of your data;
- erase your data;
- to withdraw your consent;
- restrict your data; and/or
- us to transmit your data to another organization.
We may request provision of additional information necessary to confirm your identity. We will provide information on the actions taken without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request, together with the reasons for the delay.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if we do not respond in time or for any other reason. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
It is possible that this statement will be amended in the future, for example if we process personal data for new purposes.
9. Contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with GNT Group or this site, please contact us at:
GNT Group B.V.
5731 HR Mierlo
Phone: +31 40 7800300