Let’s color the world!
We are GNT, an ambitious, sustainable and innovative family-run business with a colorful character! With our EXBERRY® brand, we are the market leader in the field of Coloring Foods. Our colorings are 100% natural and are made from fruits, vegetables and plants.
We are world champions when it comes to utilizing the bounty of nature and strive to continuously innovate and improve natural color ingredients for the consumer. By carefully preserving all of nature’s beauty and goodness, we are able to offer our clients the highest quality and most reliable products. This is what continues to motivate us every day!
The most important ingredients for GNT’s success are our employees and the cooperation that exists between them. We believe in teamwork and we are there for one another, our clients, our suppliers and our partners. That is what makes us GNT.
Due to the growth of GNT UK Ltd as a subsidiary of the GNT Group we are seeking a:
HYBRID ROLE DEVELOPMENT CHEF / FOOD APPLICATIONS TECHNOLOGIST (M/F, 35 HRS)
What do we expect of you?
This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious individual to work in a unique hybrid position that fuses together both culinary and food applications technical abilities. The right person will join our local Applications team and work closely with Technical Sales colleagues to showcase GNT’s EXBERRY® Coloring Food products and their application in recipes, to demonstrate value to customers and support business development. Whilst our work can be in response to customer briefs, we are also looking for someone who can identify and create new business opportunities and assist in the smooth running of the laboratory.
- Create industry relevant recipes in order to stimulate relevant category growth and translate them into tasty food concepts (sweet and savoury) while keeping in mind food industry processes.
- Present created concepts to customers in an engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
- Manage internal and customer projects concurrently and prioritise between a variety of business initiatives within tight deadlines but to the highest standards.
- Provide application/technical support using our portfolio of Coloring Foods in a wide range of food applications, evaluate cost impact, performance (taste and stability) over shelf life and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Keep up to date on new ingredients, new formulations, new technologies to enhance capabilities and technical knowledge in order to provide our customers with cutting edge solutions.
- Attend relevant conferences and keep up to date with latest food trends, natural colors market evolution and industry challenges in beverages and other food applications.
- Work closely with the Global Applications Technologist Team and UK Sales Team.
- Communicate to cross-functional teams at group level to share technical knowledge, strengthen GNT knowhow and ultimately to support business growth.
- Enter and maintain accurate records of work, including project status, formulations, process instructions, evaluations, as well as supporting documentation such as technical data sheets.
- The position may require occasional travel both within the UK and to our European facilities.
- Office based role in Derby area but some flexibility with opportunity to work from home occasionally.
What can you offer us?
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A person with a strong culinary ability and a clear passion for food, flavors, recipes, and trends.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the food industry within NPD functions would be perfect, in either the sweet sector (beverage, confectionery, dairy) or plant based category.
- Any chef or culinary qualifications would be a great benefit or qualification in food technology.
- Demonstrating good project management and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, plan, and deliver projects on time to a high standard.
- Proven ability to document projects with attention to details.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivated individual with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good market understanding of food and drink categories (non-alcoholic drinks, alcoholic drinks, confectionery, dairy, bakery, plant based) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of food ingredients, formulations, ingredients interactions and broad awareness of food and beverage industry processes across the key categories highlighted would be a benefit.
- Capable of working on pro-active initiatives and designing such brief with commercial relevance to develop new business opportunities in line with market trends, while at the same time providing reactive customer support as required.
- Ability to operate lab tools (bench top & pilot) and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Creative mindset
- Ambitious, Driven
- Enthusiastic, can do attitude
- Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Keen attention to details and processes
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Team player
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Fluent in English, basic understanding of German would be an advantage
What do we find important?
We operate globally, yet are an independent, family-owned business committed to investing in products, technology and importantly, our people. The people who work for GNT are flexible, friendly, supportive and passionate individuals that work collaboratively to deliver service, expertise and ultimately grow sales and market share.
What do we offer you?
GNT wishes to retain the current harmonious working environment and therefore welcome team players with a positive outlook and promising future perspective. In return for all your hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive package of benefits (salaried position, bonus scheme, pension contributions, health and wellness). Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and position. This role is office-based in Derby area (Mickleover), we offer flexible hours and opportunity to work from home occasionally. We offer unlimited access to online training courses so that you can continue to work on your personal development. Sustainability is very important to us. That is why we – as part of our terms of employment – compensate for the carbon footprint of all our employees.
We color the world, do you?
If you believe you satisfy our desired profile and would be interested in applying for this position, please contact us in writing including your CV and preferably a cover letter to Emilie Humbert, Applications Manager at GNT UK (email@example.com).
GNT UK Ltd, Bakum House, Etwall Road, Mickleover, Derby DE3 0DL
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Of course your personal data will be handle with care. All applications will be treated equally.